CMPR is always looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team. Our goal is to hire well educated, dynamic, experienced individuals with a positive attitude. Our salary and benefits are competitive with the other leading firms in the North Bay.
Transactional Real Estate Attorney
We are looking for an attorney who is experienced in real estate transactions. Useful experience would include acquisitions, title review or financings. The ideal candidate will have 4-8 years experience, strong academic credentials with excellent research and writing skills. Must be familiar with complex transactions and demonstrate an ability to work as an effective member of a team and combine sound judgment with creative problem-solving skills.
Position requires flexibility, creativity and strong organizational skills. Ideal candidate will have 7-10 years law office management experience.
Capabilities and Attributes:
- Strong financial skills, including the ability to manage cash
- Experience required to manage an administrative team of 15+
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential information and situations
- Excellent problem solving and follow-through
- A self-starter with a high energy level and do what it takes attitude
- Ability to quickly identify and analyze issues and problems
- A proactive focus on operation excellence, efficiency, and cost management
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of all financial reports: Monthly, Quarterly Annually
- Prepare year-end financial package and act as firm liaison with accountants
- Evaluate all insurance policies and submit annual E&O renewal policy
- Payroll processing, bank reconciliations, and A/R collections
- Review, approve and input all admin payables
- Responsible for all aspects of human resources
- Facilitate all benefit programs
- Advertise for and participate in the hiring of attorneys and staff
- Coordinate annual review process, present salary recommendations
- Oversee the preparation of attorney and staff orientation binders
- Create marketing materials, approve email blasts and website design/updates
- Attend partner meetings; create admin agenda and generate related reports
- Responsible for all profit sharing plan activity
- Monthly review of attorney/paralegal productivity
- Firm functions – Organize firm functions onsite and off
- Work with systems manager concerning IT performance and equipment acquisitions
- Manage office moves, coordinate office renovations, space acquisition and design
Background experience should include a working knowledge of Excel, Quickbooks, Timeslips and other law firm related software.
This position is relied upon to be the office’s go-to person and ensures administrative operations run smoothly so lawyers may focus on the practice of law. To be successful in this position you will need a can-do attitude.
CEQA/Land Use attorney with:
Extremely ethical standards
Excellent research skills
Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on brevity and a simple, clear, plain English writing style
The candidate must have at least five years of experience:
- Analyzing CEQA documents (MNDs, EIRs, Subsequent CEQA documents, and Addendums)
- Analyzing CEQA issues
- Overseeing administrative record preparation
- Drafting findings, trial briefs and other pleadings
- Preparing appellate briefs and pleadings
- Ability to analyze and address statutes with CEQA-related issues, such as endangered species, surface water rights, and ground water availability
- Must have a basic knowledge of general government statutes, such as the Public Records Act, Brown Act, and conflicts of interest
Must be able and willing to:
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with government staff members, consultants, and officials and members of the public
- Appear and speak effectively at fast-paced, large, lengthy, and controversial public hearings
- Appear and argue in court
- Manage workload and meet deadlines
- Work in several different jurisdictions
Alcoholic Beverage Regulatory Attorney
We also have a position open for an attorney experienced in alcoholic beverage regulatory issues, including licensing, trade practices and compliance. Either industry or law firm experience can be useful. Excellent credentials are required.
If you are relocating we would be interested to know why you have chosen Sonoma County. Please email your resume with a cover letter to Bonnie Eckstein at email@example.com
"The firm commitment to higher standards is the distinguishing characteristic of the quality of legal services we provide".